Latest Posts:
flame9-19-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#19,291) from: GoFastRacerflameflame9-19-2024 Not boat related (Rep.#5) from: GoFastRacerflameflame9-18-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#129) from: stingrayflameflame9-17-2024 Line fire  San Berdo Evacuations (Rep.#12) from: stingrayflameflame9-17-2024 Totally Useless PICTURE Thread (Rep.#973) from: stingrayflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: GoFastRacer

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
Big Wake JakeMale Offline

Boatless

Calif
APPD 0.00
Post Rank: 237
Post Icon Posted: Sep. 06 2003,4:51 pm Post # 1 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I go to great lengths to avoid hitting anything with my Direct drive prop.

My V drive and direct drive boat owning friends can't understand why they have dings and bends on their props.

The answer is easy, when they get into shallow water like the sandbars, they're too shallow and as the wakes roll by, the prop is striking the river bed.

Nahh, they tell me, cheap props,,,

I have a ACME machined brass 13" X13". This is a high dollar premimum tow prop. Was a $400 option from TIGE'. The prop is so good, it's now standard on Tige's towboats.

Much smoother than cast tow props, and Tige swears, far smoother than the stainless that are now appearing on the tow market.

DAMFINO, that's what they say, seems to be correct.
See, kinda shallow water for a prop thats hanging 2+ feet below waterline. They all bitch that their props are bent. Gee,, I wonder why???

This is my ACME 13X13 machined brass prop.
Survived the whole summer by taking precautions at the sand bar. At the sundance sand bar, I anchor in about 4 feet of water to avoid damage.

The chrome plate isnt trim. It's the TIGE TAPS wake size adjustment plate. It's operated by a rocker switch on the throttle and works excellent. Tige' dropped the good but slow hydrolic control last year and went to the electric shown. Instant response,, really a great option. Works bitchen.
Need no Ballast bags with this system.

"Being Fearless, Doesn't Mean Being Stupid"
| Member # 196 | Joined: 8-27-2003 |
Havasu DougMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Gold Supporter
Delta Tau Chi - ΔTX
10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
North Padre Island, Texas
APPD 1.53
Post Rank: 7
'78 Challenger jet
Post Icon Posted: Sep. 07 2003,12:12 am Post # 2 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

That's a bitchen setup Big Wake Jake. :good   I just want to make sure you're not one of those guys that goes by Roadrunner and Fox's within 20 feet of the bar with your plate down. :rotflmao

website  | Member # 1 | Joined: 12-02-2002 |
Big Wake JakeMale Offline

Boatless

Calif
APPD 0.00
Post Rank: 237
Post Icon Posted: Sep. 07 2003,2:07 am Post # 3 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Nah,, I dial out the wake to virtually flat when we get up to speed and are not towing, and try to respect others and make no enemies. Our favorite spot to wakeboard is around the Buckskin Fire station on a weekday.

I never tow anyone past the floating bars if I can help it. To many take offs and departures from the dock so it's best to have everyone in the boat. Fox's rapids are a bit treacherous for little ones if they fall.

The biggest wakes are from some of the new deckboats,, and are worth a look for anyone considering wakeboarding. Some have gigantic wakes,, some super flat, no wake, so I guess it depends on hull design. Seems the taller the deckboat (freeboard), the bigger the wake.
Hell, Damfino.

"Being Fearless, Doesn't Mean Being Stupid"
| Member # 196 | Joined: 8-27-2003 |
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
50,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame
Big River, Ca
APPD 7.96
Post Rank: 1
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Sep. 08 2003,7:02 am Post # 4 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Ya know, you would think after spending $600 or more for a prop one would pay attention where they park or run, I know I do!! :stupid . Same goes for the quirters, I know people that spend a ton of money on a pump just to take it in 3ft of water and stand on it and sandblast the impeller and fill up the block with shit. Then bitch like hell when the boat slows down and the motor overheats!!.. :laugh  :laugh
website  | Member # 101 | Joined: 3-03-2003 |
3 replies since Sep. 06 2003,4:51 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!